BirthSwell is hiring
BirthSwell provides strategic communications consulting for birth and lactation organizations, including non-profits and businesses at the local, state, national, and international level.
BirthSwell is seeking someone to join our team.
- Care about all families receiving accurate information about birth and lactation as well as access to the providers of their choice.
- Want to play a role in reducing the impact of racism on birth and lactation health care outcomes.
- Are comfortable working with multiple clients, including for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Are detail oriented and enjoy working with online systems.
- Enjoy working independently and with remote teams.
- Have access to consistently reliable Internet and a computer.
- Are comfortable with using or learning gender-inclusive language
- Familiar with or comfortable learning new systems for collaborating on and completing work, like Asana, Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Google Docs
Plus some combination of the following (not all are essential and you are welcome to apply if your skills are primarily in one of these areas):
- Basic or higher graphic design skills (in software like Canva or professional design software)
- Basic or higher video editing skills
- WordPress management, including laying out blog posts, making edits to existing sites, and/or laying out pages
- Posting social media content on multiple platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Writing engaging content for social media
- Laying out messages in email management software (like MailChimp)
- Digital advertising, such as Google Ads and/or paid advertising on social media platforms
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting birth and/or lactation research
- Works remotely and has flexible hours
- Is family-friendly
- Occasionally responds urgently during unpredictable times to client needs (for example, when a client has an urgent, unexpected need)
- Loves working together effectively to make change
- Communicates using a combination of video calls, online chats, and project management software
BirthSwell is committed to diversity on our team. We believe that we do our best work when our team represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
This position is for a part-time independent contractor (5-10 hours a week) with the potential for growth. Pay is hourly and is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your interest in working with BirthSwell and highlighting your relevant skills. Please include a resume and if possible, samples of your work. Please submit applications and/or questions to email@example.com.