BirthSwell is hiring
BirthSwell provides strategic communications consulting for birth and lactation organizations, including non-profits and businesses at the local, state, national, and international level.
BirthSwell is seeking someone to join our team.
- Care about all families receiving accurate information about birth and lactation as well as access to the providers of their choice.
- Want to play a role in reducing the impact of racism on birth and lactation health care outcomes.
- Are comfortable working with multiple clients, including for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Are detail oriented and enjoy working with online systems.
- Are comfortable working independently and with remote teams.
- Have access to consistently reliable Internet and a computer.
- Are comfortable with using or learning gender-inclusive language.
- Familiarity with or comfortable learning new systems for collaborating on and completing work, like Asana, Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Google Docs.
- Are aware of or willing to learn about a reproductive justice framework.
Plus some combination of the following (not all are essential and you are welcome to apply if your skills are primarily in one of these areas):
- Basic or higher graphic design skills (in software like Canva or professional design software)
- Basic or higher video editing skills
- WordPress management, including laying out blog posts, making edits to existing sites, and/or laying out pages
- Posting social media content on multiple platforms
- Writing engaging content for social media
- Laying out messages in email management software (like MailChimp)
- Digital advertising, such as Google Ads and/or paid advertising on social media platforms
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting birth and/or lactation research
- Works remotely and has flexible hours
- Is family-friendly
- Occasionally responds urgently during unpredictable times to client needs (for example, when a client has an urgent, unexpected need)
- Loves working together effectively to make change
- Communicates using a combination of video calls, online chats, and project management software
BirthSwell is committed to diversity on our team. We believe that we do our best work when our team represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
This position is for a part-time independent contractor (15-25 hours a week) with the potential for growth. Pay is hourly and is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your interest in working with BirthSwell and highlighting your relevant skills. Please include a resume and if possible, samples of your work. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.